BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, March 7, 2010

If you give a ME a cupcake...

If You Give a Cat a Cupcake, written by Laura Numeroff and illustrated by Felicia Bond.

Hello, bibliophiles! My fellow cupcake enthusiast, Veronica, gave me this book as a birthday present, because I love cats and cupcakes (but really, who doesn't?) and I enjoyed it- but not nearly as much as If you Give a Moose a Muffin or a Mouse a Cookie. But for some reason it annoys me that the book is rather illogical. Even if the cats, mouses etc are doing a kind of free-association jumparound from activity to activity, I like when it has some kind of cohesion, like the Cat in the Hat's domestic chaos, or even the mess that piles up in the little girls home when she gives a Moose a Muffin. I think in the cat/cupcake book, they go to the beach for no reason, or something (I gave the book to a little girl named Franky so I can't double check).


If you're going to have an total attention deficit disorder, go for it! like,

If you give a possum a latke, he'll want to put it on his bike. But he won't have a bike. So you'll give him a bike to ride. That will make him angry. So he'll want to go to the zoo. He'll run around freeing all the animals with his superpowers. When you finally catch him, he'll be sleepy. So you'll give him your bed to sleep in. As you sit there wondering why you're being so nice to this possum, an elephant will come barging into your room. This will remind the possum of the beach. He will want to go there. When you get there the possum will dissapear. Five days later he will show up at your door with some kind of implant in his brain. This will make you concerned. You'll offer him a latke...

 Being a cupcake enthusiast, I also want to recommend a few places to anyone who lives in or is planning to visit New York City: Cupcakeland (390 Metropolitan Ave. in Brooklyn near the Metropolitan/Lorimer stop on the L train) and Dessert Club Chickalicious (203 E.10th street between 1st and 2nd avenues in Manhattan). Trust me... I've been around a few cupcake blocks.

Green Tea cupcakes @ Cupcakeland
Chickadeliciousness
Much love
Arla
p.s. I still think the mouse/cookie, moose/muffin books arent too far out, and i havent read the mouse/school, mouse/movies books. I do remember having a logic problem with the pig and the pancake but the pig was too cute for me to care very much.

0 comments: