BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Stuff on Heads


Pohadky Pro Vsedni Dny I Pro Svatky with Květa Pacovská.
and
Once Upon a Princess and a Pea, by Ann Campbell and illustrated by Kathy Osborn Young

WARNING: this is an EPIC POST.

Stuff on Heads:
Today on a lovely blog known as "A Journey Round my Skull" I spotted this sweet picture:
The illustration is from the book Pohadky Pro Vsedni Dny I Pro Svatky which apparently means "Fairy Tales for Weekdays and on Holidays." You can read the full post here. The artist's name is Květa Pacovská. Phwar!! Here's another of hers:
But the thing that I was REALLY drawn to was the women with the three hats/heads! It reminded me very strongly of a scene in one of my favorite children's books from childhood: a fantastic version of The Princess and the Pea titled, well, Once Upon A Princess and a Pea.


I cannot describe how wonderful the illustrations in this book are. It's also so imaginative- when the Princess runs away shes wearing all of her clothes at once, the Prince drives a red sports car, and on his quest to find a princess he must search many crazy kingdoms- in the first, everything is red (they have caught wind that it is the Prince's favorite color). Because the Prince doesn't have the best time, the next kingdom, hearing Sir Prince no longer enjoys his favorite things, has decided to present him with great variety: this is where a fantastic illustration of three princesses, each with different dishes, musicians, and enormous, fantastic hats- comes in. I wish to high holy heaven and back that I could find even one image of the illustrations online- but please, please, take a glance at this fantastic book!

And while we're on the subject of stuff on heads, and as an apology, please enjoy some characters from an awesome series of comics by Scott Campbell.
eatin' tacos!

This blogpost is super-themed, because I myself wear almost every day a warm winter hat that is also my favorite article of clothing. It is a grey owl hat with tufty ears, as pictured below. 
Love for Animals
and you,
Me n' Harry

0 comments: